Friday, September 4, 2015

My Current WIPs - September 2015

Hello!

Today I want to share my WIP (Work in Progress) projects with you. Some of you may have already seen them on my Instagram feed (@arcadiandancer) so I will try to keep things short and sweet. My next post will be all about my planned projects so look out for that in the near future as long as life doesn't get in the way.

Two quick notes before we get to that Read More link.

1.  I am planning on changing my Instagram username, but I can't come up with anything! Any suggestions are appreciated.
2. If you have watched Ashleigh's first Flosstube video, no I am not mad at her. I just laughed and shook my head :)



Before we get started, I must warn you good lighting is lacking in my house and these were all taken on my phone. I am working on changing that for the next post though!

WIP #1 ~ Mini Beauty and the Beasts
Pattern by Heaven and Earth Designs Artwork by Selina Fenech

I started this WIP on July 25th of this year. It is stitched on 25ct. Antique White Lugana. I am stitching it at the recommended 2 over 1 as this is my first Heaven and Earth Design. I love how thick the work is and how detailed the pattern is. Don't get me wrong, it is SO confetti heavy but it's worth it.
I currently have 1,022 stitches completed. I would be much further along, but I started this when my husband had to have surgery and was very stressed...so I had to put it away for a few weeks to refocus.

~

WIP #2 ~ A Very Merry Christmas Town Mystery Club
Pattern by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery


Funny thing about The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The lovely ladies that run the company are named Ashleigh and Amanda. Ironic, as that's how my best friend and I spell our names and we both cross stitch. Naturally we had to get involved in their patterns.
I can't show you the finished pattern, as this is a mystery club. What I can tell you is Clue #1 is finished and the chart for Clue #2 came out last week. Both Ashleigh and I purchased this as a kit from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. It's stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Picture this Plus Crystal Arctic Linen. If you like sparkles, I HIGHLY recommend anything Crystal from Picture this Plus. There is SO much sparkle in the fabric.

~

WIP #3 ~ Celtic Summer
Pattern by Lavender and Lace Conversion done by ThalieFrance
 

I love this color conversion and am so thankful for those who share their conversions online with others. I started this WIP on August 23rd and have only gotten to work on it for 2 days. You can see how fast it's stitching up though!
This is stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Mushroom Lugana. I am sort of in a love affair with Mushroom Lugana now that I've used it. All 4 seasons will be stitched on it.
I wanted to finish this before the first day of Autumn so I could stitch these with the seasons but I got a late start on Summer. I'll do my best but with all the beading and metallic in these I can't promise anything!

~

That's it for my WIPs. Thanks for checking them out and I can't wait to share my future project plans with you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. So many lovely WIP's I do like Heaven & Earth designs and I have the Celtic ladies on my wish list for when my own WIPs are lower. Have found you on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will follow you on Instagram as well and I look forward to seeing your work.

      Delete