Saturday, September 12, 2015

Planned 2015 Starts

Hello again!

I haven't had much time to stitch the past 2 weeks. I have been extremely busy, followed by being under the weather. It's been miserable but I am finally feeling better!

As promised last post I'm going to share with you my plans for the rest of 2015. I am extremely excited about all of these future starts. I'm literally bouncing in my seat as I type this. All of these projects are kitted and ready to go.

Before we get to it I have a question for all of you. How often would you like to see WIP updates and/or haul posts on my blog? Weekly? Bi-Weekly? Monthly? Let me know in the comments. You can also find updates on my Instagram @arcadiandancer




1. Mirabilia Mermaids of the Deep Blue

Photo from www.theviewer.net
This may be my most anticipated, yet most terrifying upcoming project. The fabric is 32ct Belfast Linen in the Gothic colorway from Picture This Plus. It's the most beautiful fabric I've ever had in my hands, and it fits the pattern perfectly, but it's SO DARK! I will have to use my tablet or ottlight for back lighting just to see the squares so I can stitch. Other than that, it's your average Mira with DMC, Kreinik, and Mill Hill Beads.

~

2. Lavender and Lace Celtic Autumn (Conversion)

Conversion Photo from Janet Granger's Blog
I am sure many of you have seen this project already. Carolyn (@carmaz9 on Instagram) is nearly finished with hers. I know she'll probably never see this but GO CAROLYN!
As you know I am currently working on Celtic Summer. In a perfect world I will have Summer done by the time the CSAD group Celtic Ladies SAL starts on November 12th and I can start Autumn. Cross your fingers for me! I have Winter and Spring half kitted for 2016, but that's another post ; ) I am stitching all 4 seasons on 28ct Mushroom Lugana.
I am amazed at how generous the cross stitch community is. I sent a message to Janet asking if I could receive the chart for the leaves and almost instantly she sent me a wonderful email with the chart. Thank you again Janet!

~

3. Mirabilia Sunrise Laguna Mermaid

Photo from www.123Stitch.com
This is one of those charts that could be Mirabilia, could be Nora Corbett. It's marketed as both and has both the Mirabilia and Nora Corbett markings on the chart. I'm calling it a Mirabilia as that's what the majority of marketers call it.
I may be modifying a few tiny things on this project, like leaving out the beads trailing off her tail, but we'll see how she works up. This will be my first time stitching with silk. I have spun silk before on a spinning wheel so I know how finicky it can be, but I'm very excited to stitch with it.
I'm not sure if I will stitch this on the recommended 32ct White Belfast Linen, or the 32ct Green Lugana I have in my stash. Floss toss is coming!
This pattern (except the DMC) was kitted up for me by my Father. He loves sail boats and saw it as I was scrolling through patterns on my tablet one day. He said he would buy the supplies under the condition that it would hang in my bathroom. The supplies were ordered half an hour later :)

~

4. Heaven and Earth Designs Mini Cry for Nature Artwork by Selina Fenech

 

This project only has 16 colors, and funny enough ~16 pages. The pages are not full pages either, so as far as HAEDs go this will be a very quick stitch.
Honestly, the only real reason I haven't started this already is due to gridding. There is enough blank space that I would be an idiot to not grid this project. Something you will learn about me is I HATE gridding. It makes me laugh because Ashleigh (the best friend) loves gridding. I've been tempted to send her the fabric to grid it in exchange for the grime guard(s) I'm making for her, but I wont. It'll just make me appreciate the project that much more when it's done.
Fabric is Silkweaver Expressions Safari. I love their colorways, but sadly due to my one and only ordering experience I will be sticking with Picture This Plus and others from now on.

~

That's it for this post. Let me know what you think about my plans and again, how often you'd like to see updates from me. Thanks for reading!  

4 comments:

  1. You know I will grid that fabric for you if you want! Just send it on down here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you would ♡
      Speaking of though, I need those measurements for your grime guard.

      Delete
  2. I truly enjoy seeing what others are stitching and would be happy to see your progress pictures as often as you care to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Grace. I appreciate it! It's always helpful to know what everyone would like to see.

      Delete